Mara Leisure Camp, Masai Mara
Available on request
Full Hotel Details
Mara Leisure Camp
This tented safari camp is set in a strategic location on the banks of the Talek River, on the Northern edge of the Masai Mara national reserve. From the Mara Leisure Camp, you will easily get into the national reserve for game viewing, via a recently constructed bridge.
The camp comprises of:
- 12 very spacious Jumbo Tents, of which one is a special Family Tent. Each of these tents has ensuite washroom facilities, mosquito net, an expansive verandah, finely finished wooden floor, and a king sized bed among other facilities.
- 13 Nyati Tents which overlook the Talek river. These too have a spacious verandah, en-suite bathrooms, lovely wooden floors, and a study desk. Nyati tents are available in both king sized double bed configuration, as well as queen size twin beds.
- Six Chui rooms ideal for families. These are part of the cottages comprising of "solid" walls, as opposed to the canvas walls of the rest of the tents. The Chui rooms have interconnecting doors, and are available in both queen sized twin, and king sized double bed configuration. Each of them has ensuite toilets, mosquito nets, and a study desk.
- One special honeymooon/VIP tent for guests seeking greater privacy and exclusivity. Apart from the standard features of all the other rooms/tents, the VIP tent has such special amenities as a private garden, and an outdoor open-air shower. Its finishings are specially done to maintain the necessary ambience for honeymooners and guests on a romantic getaway.
- En-suite bathrooms
- 240V/3-pin (square) sockets and shaver socket.
- 0.5litres mineral water per person per day in the rooms.
- Mosquito net over each bed.
- Torches are also provided for those
- walks to and from the tents in the evenings or when dark.
- Free wireless internet (Wi-Fi) in selected public areas
Other Facilities at the Camp Include
- Swimming pool with sectioned baby pool
- A business services centre
- Conference room with a capacity of up to 40 people
- Gift shop
- Restaurant and bar providing international cuisine and wines.
- Massage center/ Mobile Spa facility
- Outdoor camp fire
- Foot bridge to access the Masai Mara national reserve fast and conveniently
- Guided bush/nature walk
- Game drived into the Masai Mara, to see the spectacular array of wild animals in the game reserve
- Hot air balloon safaris over the Masai Mara
- Special meals (dinner, breakfast) in a bush setting, available on request.
- Visit to authentic Masai manyatta to get a first hand cultural experience
- Special lectures from a local naturalist
- Night game drives